Thursday, September 16, 2004

 

Amsterdam at last

I'm here!!!!! Yesterday was a bit crazy w/ all the last minute running around and still not being able to find a decent jacket - my thanks to my fairy godmother Jen for all her help and for the jacket! Long, long plane flight....2 movies (Shrek 2 & The Stepford Wives) some "food" and the coolest thing; when there wasn't a movie playing they had graphics showing the distance we had travelled, our altitude, speed, outdoor temp (-63 Celsius at one point!) and a map showing where we were in the world. Very cool. So got through customs like I was a native - was not asked one single question, not one - felt very weird being from North America and being used to be questioned like mad trying to come back into your own country. Today has been spent wandering about and trying to orient myself. My hostel is excellent - the staff are really nice, it's easy to find, close to everything but not too close to the Red Light District. I am one of 5 females staying in a mixed dorm w/ 16 beds...needless to say we are all already great friends. Somebody pinch me because I'm still in shock - who knew that I could just up and fly off to a foreign country? No pics yet - didn't want to be too touristy today - but will probably post some over the weekend. Thinking of everyone and how all of you have to come here as soon as possible (Dad & Sue: be envious/jealous, you'd love it). Well off to wander a bit more and then an early bed tonight - free breakfast between 8-11, I don't want to miss that! ;-)
Comments:
Hi KZ: Glad you're safe and sound and on the ground... and, of course, making friends already! I told you you'd be planning the next trip before you got home! Looking forward to those pictures. Love you lots...Mom
 
Have to agree with Shannon - I don't think we had any doubt you'd make friends easily. BTW, are you wanting me to update you on BB5? Be good!

~Leanne
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?