Saturday, September 25, 2004

 

Anne Frank House

Yesterday I went to the Anne Frank House. It is eerie to stand in a space where 8 people hid for all of those years and to walk streets where they were taken away to such horrible places. I will say though that it did not affect me in the same way that my visit to the U.S. Holocaust Museum in D.C. 10 years ago did. At Anne Frank House you are not being shown horrific images and piles of shoes and so on. It is sad and it is powerfully moving but the horror is lessened as you are just experiencing her words and their lives in hiding; not in the camps. I am very glad that I went and I think that it's important to go to places like that - there are lots of things that we as a race shouldn't forget and this is one of them.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?